Bakers dozen tips
1. Order three months in advance. (Start shopping sooner.)
2. Visit multiple bakers and review their portfolio.
3. Taste samples, the flavor combinations are endless.
4. Brainstorm styles and designs with the baker. Your baker should be able to translate your vision into a great cake.
5. Discuss cake toppers, heavy statues will require more structure.
6. Discuss table decor around the cake with both your florist and baker — but don't pay twice!
7. Square and round cakes are simplest and will serve more guests than oval or heart shaped confections.
8. Get a total price in writing including delivery, setup and the rental fee for non-edible decor.
9. Expect to pay $4 to $12 per slice of cake, depending on the intricacy of the design, flavor, shape and icing.
10. Expect to pay a deposit when you place your order.
11. When having a large wedding, some couples choose a smaller cake with additional sheet cakes to feed
everyone, as a time/cost saving option.
12. Make arrangements for the return of any tiers, pillars or columns.
13. Save the top layer for a future celebration. Ask your baker for advice.
Wedding Dresses at Aislestyle.